DYeiNG iS a FibreChick specialty...
For hand dyeing I charge $50.00 per hour plus mileage.
Please realize that this hourly fee includes set up on my end and preparation for the dye day.
Also, I will need a helper on the day for set up and take down, otherwise I charge an additional fee for set up and clean up.
The type of dyeing I teach quilters is using a synthetic dye – not natural dyes - on cotton fabric.
Procyon Mix Dyes are dependable, colourfast and wash fast.
Most quilt guilds are interested in one of the following a two hour sessions:
* Colour Wheel
* Value Dyeing – Gradation from light to dark
* Tie Dye – Blocks for a quilt
So the participants are assured success I provide kits that include Prepared For Dyeing Fabric.
Kit cost: $25.00
Fabric, dye and dye auxilaries are included with the cost of the kit.
Requirements from you:
* Hot water source
* Tables or a counter space
* Light weight garbage bags – inexpensive
* Half hour for both set up before and clean up after
* A helper in good physical condition who is willing to lug boxes and clean up spills.
For safety participants will need rubber gloves, old clothes, dust mask (optional)
As well, zip lock sandwich baggies for carrying home their dyed fabric.
For more information contact Kim Boaro:
Phone: (705) 724 - 9657