Row - By - Row: Sweet Home Pattern
The following are where revisions have taken place.
Under: kit contains the following:
- 1 - 10" x 13"
- 1-21/2" x half the WOF
- 1-3" x WOF
Under: Sweet Home Construction
Row 1: 1-1" x 6 1/2"
Row 3: 1-1" x 61/2"
Under: Sky & Chimney
1. For the Sky/Chimney section cut and sew: Sky: 1 1/4" x 1 1/2"; Chimney: 1 1/2" x 2"
2. Centre the Sky/Chimney between the remaining Sky sections, cut and sew as follows: Sky: 2 3/4" x 5" + Sky/Chimney Section + Sky: 2 3/4" + 3"
1. To create the "smoke" coming from the chimney layer on a Teflon sheet or a silicon release sheet the following:
- Misty fuse - a rectangle of about 5" x 10" will work.
- Teased lock of dyed wool - yep, you betcha from a sheep.
- Angelina fiber - a wee amount to give some sparkle.
- Misty fuse - another rectangle of about 5" x 10"
2. Layer, place another Teflon sheet/silicon release sheet over your pile of goodies. Press. You should now have a mass of fiber glued together. Cut into desired "smoke" shape. Now place on your block in a pleasing fashion.
3. Time to fuse the smoke into place. All that is needed now is the Teflon Sheet/silicon release sheet and an iron. Position a sheet to protect your iron. Press the smoke into position.
Three Sweet Homes...
Each of these "new builds" have similar construction, but different colouring. Use the picture below as a guide during construction.
As well, I have chosen to "cut-as-you-go" rather than initially providing second and third cuts up front.
With this in mind I have divided the pattern into sections, giving you an opportunity to tackle:
- First the walls, windows and doors of the Sweet Homes.
- Next the Roof/Sky line.
- Finally the landscaping.
Each Sweet Home block should measure 8 1/2" x 9 1/2". The final block - on my row it contains smoke - will measure 9 1/2" x 12 1/2". Consider this block vacant property to do with what you will. Add wildflowers, Home Sweet Home, another funky home. Think about this as you construct the other properties. Make this row your own!
If you would like to cut ahead of time, layout the colours, refer to the picture below and read on...